- Hire Us
- Get Involved
- About Us
Jobs at ImprovBoston
Work for ImprovBoston and be a part of a fun and creative community!
Depending on your position at the Theater you could see free shows, get discounts or tuition waivers on classes, and (maybe most of all) contribute to the incredibly fun comedy theater experience that is ImprovBoston!
Director of Sales
ImprovBoston is seeking a proactive, passionate, and experienced individual to be our new Director of Sales.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to help generate revenue through our Touring Company, Corporate Training, Youth Programs, Customized Workshops and additional program offerings. The Director of Sales will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for cultivating client relationships from start to finish, ensuring clients receive the best care, and placing products that reflect a balanced understanding of the client’s needs while supporting our unique mission as an arts nonprofit. This is a part-time position.
• Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets for each product
• Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales goals and to expand customer base
• Manage all aspects of contract, including administration, talent booking, scheduling, etc.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships from first call to final bow through consistent and repeated online, phone, and in-person presence
• Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
• Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
• Create ancillary marketing/sales materials for both talent and clients
• Develop new product offerings based on industry analysis
• Train in house talent on product offerings
• 4+ years of successful sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Candidates should possess an intimate familiarity with the applications of improvisation fundamentals and the power of the creative process
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from prospect to close
• Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
• Demonstrated experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
Commensurate with experience
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first person to welcome our patrons to the theater each night! Box office responsibilities include selling tickets, answering the phone, and handling walk-in inquiries. Members of the box office staff should have a sunny disposition to greet and help patrons with any and all questions or concerns. The theater can get busy, so it is important that you are able to handle stress under pressure. Basic computer and iPad skills are also necessary to sell tickets. If interested, please email email@example.com with resume and cover letter.
ImprovBoston offers a wide variety of drinks and snacks at Gag's Bar (that's the name of the bar) and we are always looking for friendly people to serve them. Responsibilities include set up of the theater and lobby before shows as well as serving drinks and snacks to patrons. Applicants should be motivated individuals who will maintain and stock the bar during shows. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.
Behind the scenes of a show can be just as important as what goes on on stage. ImprovBoston is always seeking motivated individuals to join our Tech Crew managing lights and sound during our shows. An interest in comedy and attention to detail is crucial in responding to light and sound cues during shows. Some previous tech experience is helpful, but not required. If interested, please email email@example.com with resume and cover letter.
ImprovBoston presents: THE INTERN INFO RUN-DOWN:
So… you want to be an intern. Here are some things you should know!
We offer internships in exchange for ImprovBoston Comedy School (IBCS) classes. Our most common internships are Floaters & Office interns, described below.
1. Floater Interns
Many of our IBCS interns become “Floaters,” which entails working with our Front of House crew one show-night per week for 8 weeks. These shifts are Wednesday-Friday evenings.
As a Floater, you are essentially assistant to the House Manager & our nightly staff, helping out with tasks as needed. Often including setting up & breaking down the theaters for shows, greeting & assisting patrons.
Being a Floater is a great way to be in the hub of the IB community and to get to know many members of the amazing ImprovBoston family. For these positions, we look for friendly, high-energy applicants with “Can-Do” attitudes.
2. Office Interns
We also have IBCS interns work two (2) 4hr-days per week for 8 weeks. These shifts are generally Tuesday/Thursday or Wednesday/Friday 1-5PM.
Our office interns have the chance to get a feel for what working behind the scenes at a comedy theater is like. You will help our small, but mighty, office staff with general office administrative tasks, inventory organization, light handy-work (like vacuuming or putting duct tape on a box. You know, handy-work!), and other weekly tasks.
Some of our rockstar interns have transitioned into a more specialized field (photography, graphic design, sales, etc.), but only after one session “working the office.”
*** ImprovBoston expects interns looking to work in exchange for an IBCS class to begin their internship about 2 weeks prior to the start of the session in which they wish to enroll.
*** Resume & interview will be required.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617-576-1253